Byk-Rak 2 Position
Commercial Grade Construction: The Byk-Rak frame is constructed with 304 stainless steel and the wall thickness is 3 mm. This makes for a cost-effective choice that will enable the rack to be durable for the everyday transit use. It is designed to go through a bus wash and requires very little maintenance.
Reliability: No reported malfunction of a bicycle that fell out of the bike rack due to the locking system. The patented locking system has 3 points of contact on the tire that has constant pressure applied with the gas shock. This shock is made by SUSPA who makes several model gas pressured shocks that are already on many bus applications.
Safety: A series of tests were administrated to determine the average loading and unloading speed of bicycles into the bike rack. These tests were completed by people who have no experience with the Byk-Rak system, using a variety of bikes, and included stowing and lowering the Byk-Rak from its stored position. Amazingly, the average time of operation for either loading or unloading was 10 seconds or less!
Products: We offer 2 and 3 position bike racks. We also have removable rail bike racks that are “modular” in design. This enables the maintenance department to replace large components instead of the entire bike rack. This will save time and money.
Finishes: We can offer both stainless steel and also mild steel powder coated bike racks. Our stainless steel racks can be powder coated to colour, electropolished (chrome like finish) and non-glare bead blasted (dull gray finish).
- The Byk-Rak is 30 inches deep by 55 inches wide.
- The Byk-Rak weighs less than 30 pounds.
- The Byk-Rak can be lowered or raised with one hand.
- All parts of the Byk-Rak are finished with powder coat paint. Stainless Steel Bike Racks are either bead blasted for a Non- Glare finish or Electro-Polished for a Chrome-like finish.
- All moving parts on the Byk-Rak are made of stainless steel.
- The Byk-Rak is mounted to the front of the bus.
- The Byk-Rak has two locking positions, stowed and deployed.
- The Byk-Rak has rounded outside corners, smooth welds, and few ‘pinch’ joints.
- The Byk-Rak does not block wipers or access panels in the stowed position.
- Bikes can be unloaded from the sidewalk-side or front of the Byk-Rak.
- Bikes can be independently loaded or unloaded.
- The Byk-Rak is constructed to support over 250 pounds in the central portion.
- Bikes are secured solely by the front wheel lock.
- The Byk-Rak only makes contact with the tires of the bicycle.
- The Byk-Rak accepts bicycles without any orientation of the pedals.
- The Byk-Rak has no pins, clips, or straps.
- The Byk-Rak has few parts.
- The wheel lock folds away when stowed.
- The bumper mounting bracket is adjustable via multiple bolt-holes.
- The Hinge Bracket is designed to attach to all mounting brackets similarly.
- Bike Rack will have removable rails that can be replaced with a modular component. These rails are interchangeable for front or back.